Summer Art Challenge!!
- Keep a sketchbook and make at least one sketch each day. Make sure these are drawings that you have taken your time with and not just quick scribbles.
- Take an art class and share what you learned.
- Visit The IMA on the 2nd and 4th Saturdays of each month at 1:30 and 2:30 for a 30 minute family tour. www.imamuseum.org
- Visit The Eiteljorg and tell us about your favorite art piece. www.eiteljorg.org
- Visit at least 5 sculptures in Indianapolis and have your picture taken with them. Bring them in the fall to share on a bulletin board.
- Visit the National Art Museum of Sports www.namos.iupui.edu
- Visit the Indianapolis Museum of Contemporary Art. www.indymoca.org
- Create a collage about an experience over summer vacation.
- Construct a 3D cardboard art sculpture.
- Read about your favorite artist and tell us 10 new things you learned.
- Visit at least 5 different memorials and take your picture with them and bring them in the fall to display on our bulletin board.
- Learn to knit or crochet or weave. Show us what you made!
- Recreate at least 3 famous artworks by dressing up or using props. Take a photo to share with us.
- If you visit out of the state or country, take a trip to the art museum there and tell us about it!
- Visit the home of Hoosier painter, T.C. Steele. www.tcsteele.org
Here is what you will earn if you complete at least 3 challenges from the list above:
- 10 extra credit points for the 2013/2014 school year
- a prize from the art treasure shelf
- your name in a drawing for a gift card to a local art store
Email Mrs. Crosby at email@example.com to share the 3 challenges you have done. Please give lots of details and include photos as well!! You may also share in person with your class during the first week of school.