Discipline Plan for the Art Room
Art Room Rules
- Enter and be seated quickly and quietly.
- Give teacher attention on signal. (Give me 5.)
- Raise hands before talking in class.
- Keep your hands, feet, and other objects to yourself.
- Take care of the art room and supplies.
Art Room Consequences
- Warning and name on board.
- Take a break. (Student works apart from group until they are invited back.)
- Note to teacher…(each teacher has their own consequence, such as clipping down or minutes lost from recess, etc…)
- Note Home (after 3 notes given to teacher)
- Student takes note home to be signed.
- In extreme cases the student will be sent to the principal.
We use the same note in Art, Gym, Library, Music. This is a copy of the note:
____________ had a problem in Art, Gym, Library, Music today:
__I chose not to participate. __I did less than my best.
__I was talking during listening time. __ I was out of seat or assigned area.
__I was distracting others. __I did not keep my hands to myself.
__I did not follow directions. __I put down other students.
__I did not wear my gym shoes. __I did not take care of supplies.
Please sign this note and return it tomorrow.
I am sure that together we can work to solve the problem.
_________________________________parent signature __________________date
Clara Crosby Art 803-5205 email@example.com